Our Sept 21 Friends meeting is cancelled, but please feel free to join our next one scheduled for Wed Nov 16 at 7 pm. The agenda and location will be posted here the week preceding.
The parks were pretty busy this summer given the dry hot weather. Fred Hamilton Park in particular was an oasis for people and pets. In addition to FoRRP events, there were film shoots, Pokemon sightings, lots of family birthday parties and group picnics, children’s groups, and Bocci almost continually! My thanks go out to our tree and garden adopters who rallied during the driest parts of the summer to keep our parks green, and the City staff who kept it clean.
Happening this fall:
- the re-grading and concrete work around the brick building in Fred Hamilton Park should be finished and the area cleaned up by Tues Sept 20, with the rain barrel installed shortly thereafter;
- the renovation of the brick building in Fred Hamilton Park is now confirmed and City staff are organizing work with the contractors. The exact start date and impacts to park users, will be shared here as soon as we know;
- we look forward to the 2017 Calendar with historical images being published this fall by our History Committee;
- hold Sun Oct 30 in your calendars for the “Night of Living Fred”! More details will be shared here soon;
- ….and maybe, just maybe, we’ll get our ping pong table this fall!
Enjoy this fantastic weather while it lasts!