For your reading pleasure, here are minutes from our most recent Friends meeting. These are also available in our Documents Library (bottom right corner of our website) along with minutes from other past meetings.
The meeting on March 19th was fun and productive! Highlights include:
- We greatly anticipate the new kitchen, with renovation beginning soon (stayed tuned). If you would like to get involved in the planning of this kitchen, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also happy to announce that FoRRP is now an official not-for-profit group. Aside from ensuring transparency, it also means we will be able to apply directly for many grants to revitalize our parks.
- There are many events coming up hosted by FoRRP or our partners including:
- Sun Apr 27 Community Clean-up Day in Roxton Road parks starting at 11 a.m.
- Sat May 3 Workshop: TRCA Greening Your Grounds
- Sat May 10 Workshop: Lost Rivers: Green Your Lane way
- Thurs May 22 Environment Day: Fred Hamilton Park – pick up your free compost!
- Mon May 26 Walking Tour: Lost Rivers Lane way and Garden Tour
We also want to let you know that the Toronto Public Library system is holding several interesting talks in April and May related to the work we are doing for our parks. Perhaps we’ll see you there?