The sixth committee meeting for the revitalization of Roxton Road Parks took place on December 1, 2011. Selected notes from the meeting follow; see PDF below for a complete summary.
Attendees: Marco, Susan, Danielle, Melana, Jill, Daniel, and Matt, with special guests Dave Harvey and Jutta Mason
- Marco confirmed $100,000 from Park Levies (condo development on College Street) and $130,000 from Capital (for field house, washroom, stairs etc).
- 486 Shaw street (former Church and School) is also being developed Marco will check what park levies might be coming through that development project.
- 2013 capital funds (for items with 20 year life minimum) could be used for walkways, washrooms, steps.
- Marco confirmed amount we have to work with is between $230,000 to $300,000.
- City would appoint an architect using some of the $230,000 (may not be a good use of funds?)
- Fred Hamilton wading pool may be closed, or replaced by a splash pad
- Relatives of Fred Hamilton have donated 2 benches in his honour
- Bocce court will be repaired summer 2012
- Gathering info and feedback from community: Seaton village did a survey of residents to get a sense of their priorities; residents wanted solutions that were local or Canadian.
- Still looking for people for steering committee.
- If we are still interested in input from Garrison Creek group, contact Bernd Baldus.
- Call City number 311 for complaints about anything including location of garbage bins, broken benches etc.